Y9 Family Futures
Family Futures is a 3-month extracurricular programme for Year 9 students and their parents/carers. Through weekly live webinars, exclusive access to our Online Resource Portal and two special on- campus events, families will:
1) discover the range of available pathways.
2) develop their research and reflective skills.
3) gain the confidence to pursue aspirations.
“I loved having the
opportunity to discuss my
education and future.”
YEAR 9 STUDENT
“It has made me talk to
my child about how he
thinks of himself and to
help him believe in
“It helped me decide what
I wanted to do a little
YEAR 9 STUDENT
Saturday 21 January Campus: Launch Event
Tuesday 24 January Webinar: Activity Session
Wednesday 25 January Webinar: Information Session
Tuesday 31 January Webinar: Activity Session
Wednesday 8 February Webinar: Information Session
Tuesday 14 February Webinar: Activity Session
Wednesday 22 February Webinar: Information Session
Tuesday 28 February Webinar: Activity Session
Wednesday 8 March Webinar: Information Session
Tuesday 14 March Webinar: Activity Session
Wednesday 22 March Webinar: Information Session
Saturday 25 March Campus: Celebration Event
Students are eligible if they meet one (or more) of the following criteria:
- They live in an IMD Decile 1 or 2 postcode* They live in a POLAR4 Quintile 1 postcode**
- They have received Free School Meals within the last 6 years
- They are a young carer
- They have experience of living within care
- They are a forced migrant (e.g. a refugee or an asylum seeing young person)
- They are from a Gypsy, Roma, Traveller, Showperson or Boater community
*Indices of Multiple Deprivation are commonly used datasets to classify the relative deprivation within smaller areas of the UK. You can find an IMD lookup tool on our website under the Surrey
**POLAR4 classifies the progression rate of young people in higher education within local areas across the UK. You can find a POLAR4 lookup tool on our website under the Surrey Scholars tab.
Applications are via teacher nomination. If you believe you are eligible and interested in the programme, speak to your nominating teacher.
For any queries about the programme, please contact our team at email@example.com.