We host a number of programmes and activities which are designed for learners in primary school through to university enrolment. From Year 10, eligible learners can join our Surrey Scholars programme of progressive extracurricular outreach.
As a Surrey Scholar, learners receive continued support with GCSE and Post 16 study in addition to advice and guidance towards their progression into higher education and beyond. Scholars will have priority status to attend our renowned flagship programmes as well as exclusive access to online and on campus events each year.
Surrey Scholars receive priority access onto the programmes listed below.
Who is eligible?
To be accepted onto the programme, you must be in Year 10, 11, 12 or 13 and meet one of the following eligibility criteria:
- You live in an IMD Decile 1 or 2 postcode.
- You live in a POLAR4 Quintile 1 postcode.
- You have received Free School Meals within the last 6 years.
- You receive a 16-19 bursary.
- You are a young carer – you care for a friend or family member who, due to illness, disability a mental health problem or an addiction, cannot cope without their support.
- You are care experienced, – you have spent time in local authority care, in a residential children’s home, have been looked after at home by a supervision order or have lived with relatives under kinship care.
- You are a forced migrant – a refugee or an asylum seeking young person.
- You are from a Gypsy, Roma, Traveller, Showperson or Boater community.
Residential Summer Schools
Apply to our virtual or residential programmes to experience what it’s like to study a subject you love at university degree level. …
Y10 Realise Your Potential
Across January to March, realise your potential through our Saturday morning programme supporting both you and your household with understanding your …
Y11 GCSE Revision Masterclasses
The Masterclasses are both an Autumn and Spring series of virtual GCSE revision and preparation sessions in English, Maths and …
Y9 Family Futures
Family Futures is a 3-month extracurricular programme for Year 9 students and their parents/carers. Through weekly live webinars, exclusive access …
The University of Surrey invites you to attend Explore University on Saturday 13th May 2023. Taking place from 09:30 until 13:30, the …
Discover University Summer School (24 - 27 July 2023)
About the Summer School This summer school is fully funded and is available for 60 students in Years 9 to 11. This …
Surrey Scholars is a sustained programme of extra curricular outreach from the University of Surrey for students in Years 10 to …