Surrey Stars is a strategic programme, developed collaboratively with partner schools, to provide a progressive programme of attainment raising activity. Our collection of whole year group workshops coupled with targeted, sustained programmes offer learners opportunities to learn more about pathways, University of Surrey research and support with achieving predicted grades at GCSE. Surrey Stars is particularly committed to working with the following learners:
- Students who are eligible for Free School Meals
- Students who are care experienced
- Students from a Gypsy, Roma, Traveller, Showperson or Boater community
- Students with special educational need or disability
Our programme is exclusive to partner schools with both in-school and on campus experiences available for students across Years 7 to 11. We then work with partner school schools to track higher education progression rates and attainment through an agreed data sharing agreement.
How can my school join Surrey Stars?
Our attainment raising programme is launching this year and is currently only available to partner schools who have already been invited to participate.
We will next be inviting schools to participate on the programme in preparation for the academic year 2025/26. Participating schools must meet our eligibility criteria:
- Be a state school, within a 50 mile radius of Guildford, based in Surrey, Hampshire, Berkshire or West Sussex
- Have a higher than national average FSM eligibility and/or FSM GCSE attainment gap
- Are willing to sign a data sharing agreement with the University of Surrey to support with targeting and reporting impact
If you would like to express interest in joining Surrey Stars and meet the eligibility criteria, please contact our team directly at email@example.com